If you're building a new location, remodeling your existing location or simply replacing your old doors with new models, it makes sense to consider choosing doors that open and close automatically. While these doors are most commonly associated with grocery stores and large hotels, they are available in a variety of sizes and can be adapted to most any type and size of business. Automatic doors offer convenience and accessibility while helping to control your energy costs and access to your building.
Benefits of an automatic door installation
1. Convenience. Perhaps the best reason for choosing an automatic door installation is convenience. When you choose this type of door installation, your employees and customers can enter and exit the building with full hands without having to juggle what they are carrying or put something down. That way your customers can buy as much as they like without having to worry about getting back to their vehicle.
2. Energy savings. Another chief benefit of an automatic door installation is energy savings. With an automatic door, you don't have to worry about people closing the door securely behind them; the door closes by itself. This helps to prevent a door being left open for an extended period of time and heated or cooled air from escaping the building, wasting energy and costing you more on your utility bills.
3. Security. A door that is left open accidentally doesn't just waste energy; it poses a security problem. Unauthorized people can access secured areas of your building without a key card.
4. Access for disabled customers and employees. An automatic door also allows people who use a wheelchair or motorized cart to get around to be able to enter and exit your building without assistance. This is not only considerate for your customers and employees, but, in most places, is required by law for public buildings like restaurants and retail establishments.
5. Fewer bottlenecks. An automatic door also helps to move people through your entranceway more quickly. This can be a real help if you own or manage a hotel, restaurant or other high-traffic business. You certainly don't want potential customers to leave because they can't get through the door.
While an automatic door may not be the right choice for every business, this type of door is convenience, gives access to people in wheelchairs and motorized chairs, and helps to increase your security and energy efficiency. Contact a business, such as Access Door & Glass Inc for more information.